Tuesday 9 July 2013

Playlist: 30 for January-June 2013


No Single of the Week today; instead here's a Spotify playlist of some of my favourite tracks from the first six months of 2013. It was really tough to narrow it down to only 30, but I've tried to make it as complete as possible. In no particular order:



Here are a bonus ten that don't feature in the Spotify library* at time of writing:

Neon Neon - "Mid Century Modern Nightmare"
CHVRCHES - "Gun"
Demdike Stare - "Collision"
Neneh Cherry + Afrika Baby Bam - "Nina" (Produced by Four Tet)
Steve Mason and Emilíana Torrini - "I Go Out"
Lone - "Airglow Fires"
Boards of Canada - "Nothing Is Real"
Run The Jewels - "Banana Clipper" (feat. Big Boi)
Ellery James Roberts - "Kerou's Lament (犠牲)"
Thundercat - "Heartbreaks + Setbacks"

Head here for a list of my favourite albums of the year thus far. Also I did an "Odds and Ends" special Culture Shock which is here.

*At least not in my library. I know for a fact that the Neon Neon album is available to some UK accounts. Why do we put up with this haphazard technology? I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment